Followers

Friday 15 June 2012

Things I enjoy


So today I was advised by my aunt who is helping me out with the blog to write about something I like/love. Now I don't know why but I am honestly finding this difficult.  
Make me talk about something that I dislike or I can have a mini rant about to you and I can quite honestly bend your ear for what will feel like hours and believe me I have done it but when it comes down to actually talking about stuff I like to do I sometimes tend to clam up. So let me try and I will promise to try and not make it boring and just rattle off a list of hints and make it sound too much like a cv and I'm applying for a job. 

So what do I enjoy. I enjoy the cinema and I enjoy watching films. I do not enjoy my job at the cinema at all if I'm honest but this is not what this section is about but working at the cinema does have its advantages in the fact I do get to see all the films I want for free. Like on Wednesday I saw rock of ages with a couple of friends and it was a good film and I think the soundtrack is amazing but I think it relied thouroughly too much on the fact it had a lot of great songs in there and the storyline felt tenuous at best and could have used more development. I also had the opportunity to go and see the European premiere of the avengers due to an in house competition at work and it was one of the best things I have ever done trough the company. Basically an all expenses paid trip, a walk down the red carpet, a premiere and drinks before and after. It has since become one of my favourite films as the experience was amazing.

I also like the theatre. When I talk about theatre I am mainly talking about musicals. I don't get a chance to see very many because theatre tickets are expensive and I honestly wish that the theatre was more accessible to all because I would definitely rather see a play/musical over a film. The most recent one I've seen was footloose in Plymouth theatre royal and I'm going to see grease in July, wicked in August and lion king in September. Now I've never seen any of these on stage as yet but my iPod is full of the songs from them.

Which leads me onto another thing that I love is music. I think music is brilliant. It's totally accessible to all and I think there is a song out there that anyone can relate to and it's great that music can be used to tell a story and express almost any feeling. There's nothing like having a good song that totally expresse your mood and can often send a chill down your spine when you hear it and more often then not I pick songs on my iPod by what mood I'm in. I am definitely making my next download the rock of ages movie soundtrack. 

I also enjoy reading as its another outlet I feel is accessible to everyone and there is a genre out there for everyone to enjoy and too all the writers put there I don't think I could do it, I in no way think of this blog as proper writing, but you are all very talented for what you do and I'm glad that you do it. 

So in the end it does turn out that I am able to spend just as much time writing about what I like just as much as what I don't and if nothing else for me that's progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment